Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Fresh Start


2 Corinthians 5:17

 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 

 New Year Day 2014...the start of a new year for me always seems to have this sense of expectant hope; the sense of a fresh start. As I think about this I believe that is one of the beauties of the Gospel; one of the beauties of grace; one of the beauties of the finished work of Christ...that because we believe be have been given a new and amazing fresh start. The old has gone and the new is here! Amen. 

So it really doesn’t matter if 2013 was the greatest year ever or the most challenging; a year to remember or a year to forget...if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. How wonderful; how great is our God! 

I am also excited that while the work of Christ for me is finished; his work within me is continuing and I can’t wait to see what is ahead. It seems so appropriate to end with a passage from Philippians...Happy New Year Everyone! 

Philippians 3:13-14 

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: