Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mechanical


Does living the Christian life ever feel a little mechanical to you? At times (at least for me) it can seem that way; it can seem as if we (I) am just going through the motions. I read on a Bible reading plan, pray, do a devotional, pray, study...you get the picture. However, I have found my most meaningful times are when these same things are done with passion, with feeling, with emotion...some might even say with the power of the Holy Spirit. 

I was reading recently and came across this from Francis Schaeffer; “The Christian life, true spirituality, can never have a mechanical solution. The real solution is being cast up into moment‐by‐moment communion, personal communion, with God himself, and letting Christ’s truth flow through me through the agency of the Holy Spirit.” 

That really explains it so well. I know we are broken people living in a broken world and my life, faith, worship, my very relationship with God will at times be tested. However, I do trust that I will always be brought back into that moment-by-­moment communion with God with Christ flowing through me through the agency of the Holy Spirit.... doesn’t that just make you want to shout AMEN! 

Father, thank you that while my side of my relationship with you may not be perfect I can trust that your perfect plan and your perfect relationship with me will always be filled with passion, feeling and emotion. Abba Father, I love you! 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: