Sunday, January 20, 2013

Relief


It has been an amazing 6 weeks; though not in the way you would probably expect. As I headed into the Christmas holidays I was looking forward to getting some rest, relaxing, and visiting with family and friends. Well, our plans are definitely not necessarily His. 

So the last 6 weeks have been a journey; I have experienced pain, suffering, mourning, and grief. However, I have also experienced tremendous peace, that which could only come from His grace. I have grown closer to family and friends and seen tremendous blessing during this trying time. And strange as it may seem my faith has been nothing but encouraged and strengthened. Amen. 

I recently started reading the book Glorious Ruin by Tullian Tchividjian and in it he writes; "the Gospel is not ultimately a defense from pain and suffering; rather, it is the message of God’s rescue through pain. In fact, it allows us to drop our defenses, to escape not from pain but from the prison of How and Why to the freedom of Who...the good news is Jesus Himself, the Man of Sorrows, the crucified God who meets us in our grief."

I can so relate to that. I think as I heal more and more that I will be able to share more about this time in my life, but for now it is comforting to know that though I am still in pain, I see such hope and joy!  I see that my true relief is through Christ Himself.

A.W. Pink once stated; "Though poor in this world’s goods, though grieving the loss of loved ones, though suffering pain of body, though harassed by sin and Satan, though hated and persecuted by worldlings, whatever be the case and lot of the Christian, it is both his privilege and duty to rejoice in the Lord."

This day I rejoice in the Lord! 

Psalm 106:1 

Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! 

Amen.

Grace and Peace!

No comments: