Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Prayer About Prayer


Holy Father,

To paraphrase John Newton; “what a blessed privilege it is to love you”, Father, forgive me for so many times taking that for granted. It is truly amazing that part of that amazing statement includes the privilege of having a deep and personal relationship with you through Christ and through prayer.

A relationship where we can praise you, a relationship where we can confess our shortcomings and failures, a relationship where we can thank you for your many blessings in our lives, a relationship where we can humbly make our requests known.

Father, I confess my prayer life is not what it should be. It is often hurried, sometimes mechanical, and oh so many times simply ends up with me giving you a “to do” list. Please forgive me.

Lord, I am so thankful for Your Son; my Lord and Savior, Your Spirit; my Comforter and Counselor, and for prayer. No matter the struggle, no matter the trial, no matter the situation we are forgiven, we are loved, we are cared for. And no matter what is going on all we have to do is reach out in prayer. How rich we truly are.

And that is my prayer for each of us, that we would all develop a rich prayer life, that each of us would find our prayer closets and come into deep and meaningful relationship with you, that each of us through prayer would recognize the blessed privilege of loving you. Abba Father, we love you!

I pray these many things in the most holy name of Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: