Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hallelujah by Anticipation!


I have been having some deep and thoughtful conversations with friends and family about the circumstances of life. Why at times do things seem hopeless? Why is there despair and depression? I have suffered in my life, but others have suffered even more so I am not trying to make light or compare sufferings, trials or circumstances.

I know at times things can be difficult at best; so what I will try to suggest here is a position of focus during these times. I know it is difficult but can we somehow through Christ focus on God? As we read is Isaiah 26;

3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. 4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.

I know it is difficult, but can we remain steadfast and trust in God alone? Look at what is promised. Perfect peace; I think Paul shows us what this perfect peace might look like in Romans 8;

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Perfect peace through the love of God and in Romans 15 we see the hope;

13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Filled with all joy and peace as we trust in Him! That is my hope for anyone that is struggling, down, going through difficult times; that you will be filled. Trust in him as your position of focus. Let me end with a quote from Spurgeon. He said; “It is not hard for the Lord to turn night into day. He that sends the clouds can as easily clear the skies. Let us be of good cheer. It is better farther on. Let us sing Hallelujah by anticipation.”

Hallelujah by anticipation; isn’t that just so great? Anticipation of better things to come, anticipation of eternity, anticipation of the love of God.

You know it will be better farther on so let us all sing Hallelujah by anticipation!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: