Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Dazed and Confused

 


Father God,

Psalm 138:7-8 says:


“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. 


The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.”


Oh Father, in a time, at least for me, of feeling lost and not a losing faith kind of lost as my faith seems to be growing, I am more amazed by you every day, my love for you is growing as I come to terms with the sacrifice you made to love me first.  This lost feeling is more a dazed and confused kind of feeling with all that is going on in the world, it’s a feeling of which direction and wondering what’s next.  


At times (lots of times) I do feel like I am walking in the midst of trouble filled with enemies while also recognizing that most of these so called troubles and enemies are of my own making. Yet you preserve my life, you deliver me and even more astounding is that you love me and will forever, and because of that love my purpose will be fulfilled even if I don’t see it or understand it right now. 


Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us:


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”


So, my prayer today is for the sojourners of this broken and crazy world (and aren’t we all sojourners). That we would continue to seek you first, that we would continue one step at a time despite the circumstances of life, the negative, the divisive, the concerning. That we would move forward by trusting you and not our understanding, that we would in all ways acknowledge you and your grace, your love and your oh so tender mercies. May we all press on in the knowledge no matter our path that you are with us always. May we all press on knowing that Christ has gone before us. May we all press on empowered and guided by the Holy Spirit.


Abba Father, I love you too and pray in the astonishing name of Jesus Christ. 


Amen and Amen!

No comments: