Monday, October 31, 2016

Soul Refreshing Prayer


Father God, in the 23rd Psalm we read. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 

Father, in this short Psalm we see your promises, your provision, your sovereignty. We see that no matter what may be going in the worldly valleys of life we have the promise of your very presence, your comfort, your love and grace and mercy and as if it could get any better we will dwell with you for all eternity. 

Father, we come confessing that in this world so busy, so full of distractions, so full of noise that we sometimes forget, we sometimes take for granted your amazing grace. Father forgive us and help us to take heart as the good news is that by the finished work of Christ we are forgiven, we are restored, our very souls are refreshed. 

How amazing you are that we can come to you as broken and messed up as we are, that we can come knowing and experiencing your grace, that we can come knowing and experiencing your love and as such we are truly free; free to offer grace and love to others. 

Father, you are truly wonderful beyond words and as such we thank you, we turn our adoration and worship to you, our Father in heaven, this day we celebrate our very relationship with you. 

Abba Father, we love you and pray these many things in the most beautiful name of Jesus...Amen!

No comments: