Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paths Forward


Father God, 

I come before you brokenhearted and troubled by the recent tragedies...a young boy tragically killed in an accident right here in our community, young men tragically killed in Louisiana and Minnesota and law enforcement officers tragically killed in Dallas. 

Oh Father, I come confused, I come sad, I come broken. I come not even knowing exactly what or how to pray, but I come crying out from my heart. I pray for understanding and wisdom to prevail, I pray for Gospel transformation and change in us all, I pray for ideas, solutions and paths forward. I pray for action rather than the divided inaction of our day, I pray for the ability as a nation to discuss these tragedies in a way that does not divide, but moves forward, I pray for the impacted families and communities, for your comfort and healing and peace. I pray that we as a church will mourn with those mourning and weep with those weeping. I pray for revival and for this nation to collectively turn to you. I pray that we all remember that we are one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all. Mostly I pray for love because without love we are nothing. 

I pray as you tell us in Romans; that our love would be sincere, that we would hate what is evil, that we would cling to what is good. That we would be devoted to one another in love and that we would honor others above ourselves, that we would never be lacking in zeal, but that we would always keep our spiritual passions, that we would serve the Lord. That we would be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...that we would share with those in need and practice hospitality. That we would bless those that persecute us, that we would rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn, that we would live in harmony with one another, that we would not be proud and that we would be willing to associate with all kinds of people and never be conceited. 

And in addition to all this, I pray that this you help us see and know and feel your grace and love and tender mercies; to feel your very presence with us. Help us know and trust and rest in you, help us to know that our all powerful God is upon his throne and will make all things new, help us to truly rejoice, help us to be forever thankful for the one true hope that is Christ and help us as a people, as believers to always sing praises to our almighty, loving, tender, merciful, and sovereign God. 

Abba Father, we love you and pray these many things in the most beautiful and loving name of Jesus Christ – Amen and Amen!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: