Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Seed


The path or journey to a saving faith in Christ can be mysterious, it can be so personal, it can be long or short; however, there is one thing I am sure of, it is a work of God! I think of 1 Corinthians 3:5-6: 

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe-as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 

I know that although my path was over 40 years long there were many seeds along the way. One of my fondest memories as a kid and definitely a seed was that of my grandfather reading his Bible. I remember that he took time daily to ready his Bible, during good times, and troubling times, even when the grandkids were visiting, no matter what was going on, he made the time. 

I also remember that he didn’t seem to mind if I came in his room while he was reading. I could ask him what he was reading and he would take the time to tell me, to explain, to plant the seed. Now I will admit it took a bunch of watering along the way, but God caused the growth according to his timing and his perfect plan. 

I am so thankful for that seed (and others) and I have to tell you that now it is amazing how much I love to read my Bible; how much it means to me to see God revealed, to see His magnificent and incredible plan of redemption, to see the love of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to see the work of the Holy Spirit, to see Grace, to see the actual and literal Word of God!

As Jesus tells us in Matthew 4:4: 

But he answered, “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Amen! 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: