Saturday, July 12, 2014

Church Plant Emotions


Well, we are a few months into our Church Plant and I got to tell you there is a great deal of effort required. More than I thought, but I love it. We are growing closer and closer to God and closer and closer to each other. 

There are also a number of emotions involved. You arrive early to set up and there is always this great hope. Time approaches and some days you are so encouraged by our worship. Some days only a few show up and it can be discouraging. 

I have found on the discouraging days that at some point God moves and you just know that God is in this thing. It is a great lesson in reliance; reliance not on our efforts, but on God. I find myself humbled and grateful. 

I think about Christ on the cross and how alone he was and what a great work, a new thing, a new way, water for the thirsty. I am not sure this is making any sense, but know that I am greatly encouraged about Harbor Community Church. That because of the finished work of Christ it will become a safe harbor for the thirsty, the tired, the lonely, the hurt, the confused, the needy, the hopeless; people just like me. 

And we will find in Christ all we need, eternal hope! I may be proof texting a bit, but found a passage in Isaiah that kind of fits this so well. Isaiah 43:19, 20b-

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland...because I provide water in the desert. 

Father, thank you for the blessed privilege of serving you; thank you for eternally quenching our thirst; for our water in the desert; thank you for doing a new thing! 

Amen...

Grace and Peace! 

No comments: