Saturday, June 28, 2014

Final Approach


A final approach in aviation is the last leg of the flight; it is where the pilot has aligned the plane with the runway and is descending to the ground. I don’t know about you, but with me the final approach always has a little apprehension and a little nervousness associated with it. And when down there is; at least for me, a small sigh of relief. 

I was reading in Hebrews and in chapter 4 there is an approach and at first glance there might still be this apprehension and nervousness, but the writer of Hebrews says...not so. 

Hebrews 4:16 

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 

That is so encouraging to me...that I can approach the throne of grace with confidence...with confidence that no matter what I will receive the mercy of our great and loving God; with confidence that no matter the need I will find the grace I so desperately desire... 

How can we not celebrate, how can this not drive us to worship our great God with joy and thanksgiving. How can we not love God and how can we not share that love with others? 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: