Saturday, May 17, 2014

Grace



Isaiah 55:1 

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. 

I get so excited when I think clearly about the Grace of God; when I can truly wrap my mind around it! There are those that say too much emphasis on grace will lead to licentiousness (license to sin) and antinomianism (free from moral law). I say not! An improper appreciation for Grace could lead to such things, but also push toward what Bridges calls the “swamp of legalism.” An emphasis on following rules rather than all Christ did.

On the days when I am so clear about grace; all it does is cause me to be in awe of our Great God...it causes me to love more and more because He first loved me. 

Robert Capon was an American Episcopal Priest known for the theme of God’s Radical Grace. He once said; “May we always run the risk of overemphasizing grace, for it is a risk that will never be realized.” 

To that I say Amen! 

2 Corinthians 12:9 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: