Sunday, September 15, 2013

Remind Me Who I Am


I am kind of known around these parts for my singing abilities; not. Anyone that knows me would probably tell you that while I might have some abilities in something, singing would not be one of them. However, I do love music and there is a song out that just sticks with me. It is “Remind Me Who I Am” by Jason Gray. 

While it is a catchy tune, there really is a great message behind it. Ephesians 1:3-­8 tells us: 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. 

To me this is so comforting and so encouraging and so to the point; with the point being that as believers no matter where we are or what we are facing, no matter the struggle or trial, no matter how lost we find ourselves, we can take heart as a much loved child of God. Romans 8:38-­39 reminds us: 

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

To use a lyric from Jason’s song as my prayer for us all; Father God, “In the loneliest places when I can’t remember what Grace is, Remind me who I am.” 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: