Saturday, November 10, 2012

Election Season

No matter the outcome, I bet we can all agree that we are glad the election is over (well maybe not yet in Florida)! I recently read that for some winning can not only be your goal, but winning can be your everything. 

However, for believers our goal should be trusting God no matter what.  Sometimes that is tough to do. 

I take comfort in Romans 13:1: 

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.  The authorities that exist have been established by God.

As the election moved past us I was thinking about Job.  Job went through tremendous trials and spent a good part of the book wondering why?  Eventually God responds and they have this brief exchange in Job 40:1-­4: 

The LORD said to Job: “Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!”  Then Job answered the LORD: “I am unworthy—how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth. 

Job continues in chapter 42:1-­3: 

Then Job replied to the LORD: “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.  You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’  Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. 

Father, even though we may not understand all your ways; I know we can trust you in all things. I know your purposes and plans can not be thwarted and that these things may be too wonderful for me to know.  Father, we are so happy your are the ultimate authority in whom we can trust!  Amen 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: