Sunday, October 7, 2012

Jesus - Our Savior

It seems that lately I have had a renewed and overpowering sense of awe for Christ and all He was, is and will be. I am utterly amazed by His majesty, love, mercy and grace. This obsession is bringing into focus the Gospel; the good news. And what good news it is! As my vision becomes more and more focused on Christ, I am able to see my urgent and all encompassing need for a savior. I am able to see my totally broken nature, the darkness of my heart, my sin.

I am so thankful that our Lord is mighty to save. Zephaniah 3:17 tells us; The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

Wow, not only will he save; he will actually rejoice in doing so…I recently came across a writing from Joseph Parker; an English pastor and preacher from the 19th century. Parker wrote:


“Out of a true knowledge of sin will come a true appreciation of Jesus Christ as the Savior. Apart from this, he will be a strange teacher; with it, he will be the Redeemer for whom our hearts have unconsciously longed when they have felt the soreness and agony of sin. We could sum up the Christian creed in a sentence, yet that sentence contains more than all the libraries in the world. The faith which bears us up above all temptation and all controversy, the faith in which we destroy the power of the world and soar into the brightness of eternal day, is this: I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God!”

Amen! So as we recognize our brokenness, as we feel nowhere near good enough as we struggle in this life let us remember we have a Savior. Let us proclaim, I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Let us know with every fiber of our being we have been rescued.

Colossians 1:13-14 tells us: For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Oh what good news the Gospel of Jesus Christ!


Grace and Peace!







No comments: