Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Joy of the Lord


I remember a time that we had several of our daughter’s friends over.  We were going to cook out, fish off the dock and just have a great time of fellowship.  As some of our guests were fishing they noticed the mullet jumping and if you been around mullet they jump quite often and you regularly see this.  One friend says to the other, “why do mullet jump?”  The other friend said, “because they have the joy of the Lord in their hearts.” 

Now when I heard it I found it amusing, but it might be a great picture of what it is like to have the joy of the Lord in our hearts.  To my knowledge science has not proven why mullet jump and that is really not the point here.  The point is we, as believers shouldn't we have the joy of the Lord in our hearts. 

So when we stop and think about it, when we think of the grace extended us, when we think that we can love Jesus, because he first loved us, when we think of the blessings and mercy; shouldn’t we be joyful?

I am reminded of Psalm 28:6-7:

Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.   The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Hearts leaping for joy…Amen!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: