Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peaceful Easy Feeling


Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

You know as believers, it is possible to get this amazing “peaceful easy feeling” (sorry Eagles); a peace that transcends all understanding. While this feeling is not continuous or constant; at least for me, it is there.

Being a child of God should be so comforting, so encouraging, so peaceful but the world sometimes gets in the way. Billy Graham in his book “Peace with God” said, “I would not trade places with the wealthiest and most influential person in the world. I would rather be a child of the King, a joint-heir with Christ, a member of the Royal Family in Heaven. I know where I’ve come from, I know why I’m here, I know where I’m going – and I have peace in my heart. His peace floods my heart and overwhelms my soul.”

I don’t know, but somehow that encourages me. It reminds me that the more I seek to know our great and glorious God, the more peace will "flood my heart and overwhelm my soul."

I think Romans 8 gives us an idea of this amazing prospect.

15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

So we may have our ups and downs, that peaceful easy feeling may come and go, but we can rest assured as adopted children, as co-heirs with Christ (WOW) and we can cry out Abba, Father! Simply amazing.

Grace and Peace!

No comments: