Saturday, March 12, 2011

Watchmen


I recently came across Isaiah 62:6-7; 6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest, 7 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.

This day these verses gave me pause. Somehow I found this passage so hopeful; full of instruction; yet so inviting. This word watchmen means to watch over, to protect, to preserve and I take great comfort knowing as believers we have watchmen; watchmen that takes no rest day or night. We have an instruction to call on the Lord continuously and we have an invitation to call on the Lord with any and all things; a Lord who continually works on our behalf no matter this issue.

Oswald Chambers tells us that a great intercession is seen in this passage; he calls it entering into the “Ministry of the Interior” where we become linked with our Lord and the Holy Spirit in intercessory prayer at the throne of God! Chambers states; “One of the first lessons we learn in the Ministry of the Interior is to talk things out before God in soliloquy – tell God what you know he already knows in order that you may get to know it as He does.”

Somehow I get great comfort knowing that I have a God who is so powerful and loving and cares that I know Him and provides such amazing watchmen to help, to counsel, to comfort, to intercede and to watch over me all my days.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 tell us; 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

May we rejoice always, pray continually giving thanks for all things.

Grace and Peace!

No comments: