Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Known


I am part of a couple of groups and one is wrapping up a study of the book of Job and in it we have come to see Job’s longing to better know God. The other group is focusing on the attributes of God – which is our attempt at getting to know God better. All this just seemed to converge on me at once; but it just lit up for me and I was in total amazement; I was humbled and grateful.

Psalm 139:1 (ESV) says; “O Lord, you have searched me and known me!” and as I thought about that I came to realize that I am known by God and still He loves me. I am totally known in all my brokenness and still He loves me. I am fully known as the sinner that I am and still He loves me. I am in Awe.

Paul prays for each of us in Ephesians 3 (NIV); “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Oh, how truly amazing!

A.W. Pink says of God’s all knowing and all loving ways; “The apprehension of God’s infinite knowledge should fill the Christian with adoration. The whole of my life stood open to His view from the beginning. He foresaw my every fall, my every sin, my every backsliding; yet, nevertheless, fixed His heart upon me. Oh, how the realization of this should bow me in wonder and worship before Him!”

Lord, how I adore you; may we all bow in wonder and worship!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: