Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Riches of His Grace


I have been wrestling even overwhelmed lately with understanding more about the grace of God. It’s tough to do when things seem so hard, but what a glorious gift it is if we can frame it correctly. For me I must try to as some would say “think outside the box”; I must think in spiritual terms, in eternal terms.

I have to think about God so loving the world. I have to think about a Savior so willing to sacrifice His life. I have to quit thinking in worldly and yes selfish ways and think as one convicted, as one in desperate need of saving.

Only then can I come to a point where I can see the magnificence of His grace. I think this is truly “marvelous beyond words”. Only then does my heart begin to fill with appreciation, with wonder, with love! Amen and Amen.

This brings to mind Ephesians 1;

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

You know I love to think about the richness of God’s grace; what a blessing so glorious, freely given, chosen to be holy and blameless…it is mind boggling! I know life is hard, I know things are tough, I know things can be discouraging even downright depressing (pardon my southern roots), but…take heart! We have a God who loves in ways so radical it is at times beyond comprehension; we have hope of better things to come; we have a Savior who paid all for each and every one of us.

So wherever you are in life…take heart! Focus on the cross; focus on our Savior; all by the riches of God’s grace. I will end with a single verse from John 16;

33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Good and gracious God, we thank you that through Christ we might experience peace, we thank You that by your grace…the riches of your grace we can take heart!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: