Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whatever


Blogging is a very interesting thing. It allows a new method of communicating while also allowing for a space to express desires, thoughts, doubts, beliefs and a range of emotions. This blog is now entering its 6th month and it remains a drive of mine, a desire to share. The original intent was to blog with grace filled messages – restoring thoughts if you will (get it?).

I truly believe it has been as much a blessing to me as I learn and grow by way of this modern mode of communication and creativity. I believe blogging can provide just one more way to think about, learn about, worship and praise our God in heaven…as we remember in Philippians; 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

So this blog for me helps me work through the whatever and helps me to think about these things. I think for me that I have come to realize that this is another outlet of praise. I must confess I have very limited musical talent (just ask my family), but I do have a joyful noise to make and this site provides a path for that noise. As we see in Ephesians 5; 19addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart. This path for my noise allows me to make a melody that comes from the heart.

Which really gets to the point. Blogging helps me grow in understanding, to mature as a Christian, and to make a melody of praise to the Lord from my heart. I will end this blog with Psalm 150;

Let Everything Praise the LORD
1 Praise the LORD! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens!
2 Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness!
3 Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp!
4 Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!
5 Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!


With every breath may we all praise the Lord!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: