Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Favorites


I don’t know about you but I kind of bristle when asked what is my favorite Bible verse or passage.  Don’t get me wrong I do have them, but since it is all the Word of God I sometimes think, well the whole Bible should be my favorite.  It’s just some passages speak more loudly to me at times. 

There is a passage that tends to remind, encourage, and give me hope. It is a passage that makes me thankful, even joyful; it is a passage that shows me just how much I am loved.  The passage is Colossians 1:13-14:

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

This passage reminds me that I was/am in desperate need of rescue, it encourages me that I have been and will continue to be rescued, it give me the eternal hope that I have been brought; by the complete and finished work of Christ and not by any effort of mine, into the Kingdom of the Son he loves. It makes me thankful that in Christ I have been redeemed, it makes me joyful that my sins – past, present and future have been forgiven…and above all it shows me just how much I am loved…loved to the point of sharing that love with others!


Grace and Peace!

No comments: