Monday, March 23, 2015

Trying Times


I think we all go through difficulties of one type or another. You know the kind where time just seems to stand still. During these trying times, we get all kinds of encouragement from family and friends, we get helpful advice and well wishes, but lately during one of the most trying times in my life, I am getting comfort from scripture. 

Reading through the Psalms and many other places in the Bible have just been so soothing for me and I love that we can turn there any time we are in need. Recently as I was really and seriously worrying about something that is beyond my control my pastor sent this passage to me. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Praise to the God of All Comfort 


3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ

It really helped me focus and truly rely upon our great and loving God; our Father of compassion, the God of all Comfort. I hope it might help you as well. 

Grace and Peace!

No comments: