Saturday, December 15, 2012

Believer's Pace

Have you ever stopped to think about how rushed we are at this time of the year? I continue to be amazed at this thing we call Christmas shopping, the pushing, the shoving, the hurry. 

To me it just magnifies a picture of life; life full of me trying to be in control, me rushing around, me taking important things for granted, me with wrong priorities. Doing so many things that none are done well. 

As I think about this I begin to see this is a reflection of my spiritual life. I want to control things, rather than to trust God. I want to have things in my timing rather than to trust in God’s perfect timing. 

Life seems so busy, there seems to be so many things to get done, so many things to complete, so many troubles, so many...well you get the picture. 

Recently I was reading and came upon Isaiah 28:16 (Amp): 

"Therefore thus says the Lord God, Behold, I am laying in Zion a foundation of Stone, a tested Stone, a precious Cornerstone of sure foundation; he who believes in, trusts in, relies on, and adheres to that Stone, will not be ashamed or give way or hasten away in sudden panic." 

Isn’t that so comforting; as believers we have a foundation of Stone, a precious Cornerstone that we can trust in, rely on and adhere to. We have that Stone in Christ. 

I kept digging and found something Spurgeon wrote concerning this verse: 

"How is it with me? Am I believing, and am I therefore keeping to the believer's pace, which is walking with God? Peace, fluttering spirit! Oh, rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him! Heart, see that thou do this at once!"

Peace my fluttering spirit!

May we all walk the believer’s pace. 


Grace and Peace!

No comments: