Saturday, June 9, 2012

People of Faith


I have been struggling lately with the magnitude of a decision, the ramifications, the complexities, the trust that will be required for this decision to become a reality.  It is almost an overwhelming feeling.  I have prayerfully considered and tried to account for all outcomes, yet there is still risk.  I read recently that people of faith will humbly ask Christ to do more than we dare to think possible.  I find myself in that position and as I think about it; that is true faith.

It reminds me of the passage in Daniel 3 where Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were facing the rage of King Nebuchadnezzar and were facing the decision to fall down and worship an idol or to trust God and face being thrown into a furnace.  They tell the king that they know that their God is able to save them, but that even if he doesn’t they will not worship the idol; their faith will not be shaken.  Now, that is trust, that is faith.

So as I face this seemingly insurmountable challenge I will strive to be a person of faith.  Matthew 19:26 encourages;

“Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Grace and Peace!

No comments: