Friday, March 16, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy


Doesn’t life seem so hectic these days? I just feel there is not enough time in the day. Work, study, recreation, life is just tremendously full. Recently, as I was a little overwhelmed I came across the words of Christ in Mark 6:31b:

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

This was an amazing statement; in the ESV quiet place is translated as desolate place and if you dig into this there is this image of an oasis in a desert; perhaps Christ is our oasis in life. This strikes me as something this world desperately needs is to spend time resting with Christ.

As I continued think and pray this through I heard someone speaking and they asked a question; “Do you make time in your life for God or are you building your life around God?” Wow – pretty convicting as I struggle to make time; I thought to myself where is God on my to do list… Mark 12:30 reminds us to Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Now, I don’t know about you, but that gives me so much to think and pray about in all my busyness. How about you? Maybe this is a message for all…

Father, forgive me that in the busyness of life I try to fit you; the Lord, God of Wonders, God of all creation, into my life rather than build my life around you; the Great I Am. Father, give us rest in Christ! By your Spirit help us love you with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength. Abba Father, we love you and thank you for grace in our lives.

Grace and Peace!

No comments: