Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blessed


The English writer Aldous Huxley once said; “Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.” In America, that may be even truer. Some say you don’t know just how blessed you are until you are inconvenienced or until you lose something. I guess that is just human nature in a fallen world.

I have been focused lately on small things I don’t know why, but I do know I am blessed. I heard a discussion some time back that went something like this;

Did you wake up this morning; you are blessed!
Are you breathing today; you are blessed!
Do you have food to eat; you are blessed!
Did you have a place to sleep; you are blessed!

You know we are truly blessed, but there is more…we (I) tend to count my blessings in only material things when there is so much more to be thankful for. It brings to mind Psalm 32;

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

Father, we are a blessed people and mostly we thank You for the eternal blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We thank You for His work on the cross that covers our broken ways, our taking for granted so many blessings, our sin. Father, we are truly blessed and no matter what our day brings, may we focus on You, on Christ, on the Holy Spirit. We are truly blessed…Amen.

Grace and Peace!

No comments: