Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted


Election Day 2008; what a day this will be. I can’t recall a more anxious election than the one before us. I can’t recall more negative feelings, more division, more concern than during this presidential election. Yet, I take comfort. Take comfort with me. We can read in Isaiah 33:22;

22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.

This day I am thankful. I am thankful that we live in a nation where we are allowed to vote; I am thankful that we live in America where we are free to worship; and mostly I am thankful that we have a good, gracious and sovereign God. In Ephesians 1:11 we see;

11In him we were also chosen,[a] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will

Take comfort everyone and go out and vote. Trust in Him who works out everything in conformity to His perfect will

Let’s end this blog with Matthew 6:9-13;

9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]'


Father, Your will be done.

God Bless America!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: