Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Have You Ever Had One Of Those Days?


Wow, what a day! Have you ever had on of those days; a day where nothing goes right, a day where you may even feel distant from God, a day full of the 4Ts – trials, tribulations, turmoil, and temptations? Have you ever had one of those days where you don’t know what to do or where to turn?

Well two things; first, we are not alone we all have days like this (James 1:2 - 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds) and second, we do have a place to turn (2 Peter 2:9 - 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment).

I recently was dwelling in "one of those days" and I stumbled across Psalm 40:1-3:

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Father, we thank you for lifting us out of our mud and mire, for providing a firm place to stand and with praise may we all put our trust in you!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: