Friday, July 11, 2008

Confidence?

Well, I am about to embark on something that will stretch me beyond comfort. Something in my spiritual journey I have never attempted before. I am nervous and concerned. I lack confidence. I am studying and praying; attempting to prepare. I have come to realize that at times our efforts will require some Holy Boldness (more to come on this) and faith. Have you ever had to take that uncomfortable step?

My blogs are going to be less frequent as a result, but I thought I would attempt to capture some of my thoughts and fears as I move forward. Christian growth is an amazing thing and in the past my concerns over something new and challenging would have centered around me (and I know they still do to a degree), but now my concerns include things like a fear of embarrassing my Savior, misleading others, if what I am about to attempt would help or turn others away. Don’t get me wrong, I am still concerned that I might do something that would embarrass me and/or my family, but now there is more.

I think that is a good thing and prayerfully proof of growth. It brings to mind Colossians 1:9-12:

9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.

Father, please grant us knowledge of you, knowledge of your will, the power (Holy Boldness?) and patience to endure and help us always to bear fruit for you in every good work.

Grace and Peace

No comments: